Snapshot of this week’s activities
This week officially marks the half-way point of the semester. Midterm grades will be posted Mar 4 so you can see your progress so far. If I have any concerns about any individual student, I will reach out personally for further discussion.
- Mar 2: News releases and feature stories, intro to L3 Micro Project
- Mar 4: L3 CCE project work day
- Mar 6: Media kits, online newsrooms, publicity photos
Your to do’s for Lesson 3
All graded tasks are due Mon, Mar 23 at 11:59p
- Reading and end-of-chapter quizzes: Ch5: Writing the News Release AND Ch6: Preparing Fact Sheets, Advisories, Media Kits, & Pitches
- Micro Project: Earned, Owned, Shared Writing Suite
- Online Portfolio: Phase 3: Showcasing Your Best Work and Providing Context
- Podcast: Episode #2 – “Triggered”
- CCE Project*: Select tasks related to your CCE partner’s PR, social media, outreach and promotional efforts
*Actual CCE project deadlines may vary according to client needs and priorities. CCE tasks may also include meet-ups, reports or presentations to clients as needed.